The other day I realized that one reason I am eager to return to BYU, is to prove to everyone what I have become, and to demonstrate what I can do. And I thought, well, what is it that I want to become and do? I should write it down so that when I reach my desired potential I can look back and see what I have accomplished and appreciate what I have become.
I am excited to be a surfer, I think it’s awesome. I have dipped into a laid back California lifestyle and I‘m excited to be able to label myself as much.
I am anxious to practice on the grands again. And perhaps have others listen to the skill of music I have been working to develop.
To be titled a dancer, able to move and bend in a way that is both beautiful and virtuous.
To revamp my soccer skills, new cleats and attire do nothing if my will and skill is not renewed.
A new opportunity to demonstrate my cooking skill, I guess it is also opportunity for people to see how and who I really am by the way I take care of my apartment.
I can play the uke- yeah, that’s pretty cool.
I’m sewing a new wardrobe; I have a new look for anew self; renewed and repolished every year, if not continuously constantly.
And the one thing I am most excited for is how much I have spiritually grown. How my faith and relationship with God has grown, how I have altered my life to be more spiritually minded, more aware of the promptings of the Spirit and more observant of missionary opportunities. I have a clearer understanding of my spirituality and how the Lord minds me. I am stronger because of this. Not afraid to say no to a date, not afraid to put myself first in a dating situation.
Luke perhaps has helped me see this part of my change. He has been a great influence in my life and I am very grateful for his role in it. But I am stronger and more aware. A new personality/ character must be exercised to remain in place, just as muscles must move to prevent atrophy. And time will prove what more good things may be claimed to my character.
Above all, I finally forgive myself of past mistakes. They were tests and trials and though I failed, I am forgiven, and strengthened in new ways because of it. The past is in the past, and there let it remain.
Good. :)
ReplyDelete