Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Memories and Cheese

A lot of my early memories are just of Camille, Me and Mom. Jeffrey is in there sometimes, but he is Baby Jeffrey at this stage.
Mommy cuts me a slice of yellow cheese and I follow her out the door.
It was fun making cookies with Mommy today.
She finds the red wagon from the garage and I climb inside. I nibble on the cheese as she pulls me down the hill.
I wonder if I can make this slice of cheese last until we get to Sister’s school, it didn’t last yesterday.
I usually don’t.
We pass trees and houses; they both blend to a mesh of stationary scenery.
I like this red wagon, I like that the sides pop off. Sometimes there is water in the holes.
I don’t really pay attention to the background, too focused on my cheese. Once we find Camille in the flock of kids with backpacks we start the trek home.
I’m bored. There is no more cheese. I wish I had more. I’ll have to try again tomorrow.
 Camille walks beside Mommy and jabbers about her day.
I wish I could go to school.  I want to have homework and a teacher too.
I sit in the wagon waiting for us to get home so Camille and I can watch Aladdin on Disney Channel,
like we do every weekday after school.  

1 comment: